Around the world #2
|* Ian Cohen nails many of the reasons why Juno is so painful. Just in case that's not enough, here's another line for you to digest like broken glass: [Regarding Juno's pregnancy] "This is one doodle that can't be un-did, Homeskillet." |
* Virginia Quarterly Review has a feature on Colombian artist Fernando Botero and his Abu Ghraib series.
* Michel Gondry: the mad scientist of cinema. Also, the guy who sat next to me at the coffeeshop the other day.
* Todd documents the joyous idiocy that is Idiotarod 2008.
* The New Yorker runs a thoughtful profile of Chinese boxer Zou Shiming (with photo portfolio). Meanwhile, I'm still hoping for a hard-hitting piece on Bèibei.
* Yeah, you've probably already seen this tens of times and yeah, I've probably seen it tens of times too, but are you really going to be doing anything more impressive in the next six-and-a-half minutes?